With the entire buzz about our new Backup Plus line, I didn’t want to overlook our still amazing Satellite hard drive. It’s like forgetting the older child when a family has a new baby. So with summer being the perfect time to travel, I will be doing a min series of blogs on how to have the ultimate travel experience with your device.
First stop – New York City
One of the most famous cities in the world, it’s a premiere vacation spot for enthusiasts of music, food, fashion, film and sports. To prepare for this escapade, I recommend the loading the following films onto your Satellite for your viewing pleasure while in the car or plane.
- An Affair to Remember – Cary Grant + Deborah Kerr + the Empire State Building = Gold.
- A Bronx Tale – Though set in the 1960’s, this film remains timeless.
- Spider-Man – One of the early superhero films to kick off the trend, this captures the essence of the Big Apple perfectly.
- New York, I Love You – An eclectic mix of love stories all centered on NY.
- King Kong – While the remakes in 1976 and 2005 were both good, I prefer the Fay Wray, 1933 original.
Music is also an integral part to enjoying a “New York experience” whether it’s rock, jazz, hip-hop or classical. So when touring the bright lights/big city, make sure you have these tracks loaded onto your device.
- On Broadway – George Benson
- New York, New York – Frank Sinatra (Accept no substitutes)
- Empire State of Mind – Jay-Z
- Take the “A” Train – Duke Ellington & Ella Fitzgerald
- Positively 4th Street – Bob Dylan
- Jenny from the Block – Jennifer Lopez
So you’ve got the must-see movies, must-hear music, but what about hot spots for pictures? That’s probably the easiest especially if you hit the major tourist spots. But if you want to step off the main thoroughfare, try this:
- Chinatown – I’ve found no two Chinatowns are ever the same, but the food is always delish.
- American Museum of Natural History – Maybe not so “off the beaten path”, but dinosaurs are cool at any age.
- Watch the New York Yankees – I have no problem admitting my bias. I bleed Yankee blue. So if you’re in town, this is a must.
- Catch an off-Broadway show – sure, you could see one on Broadway, but shows off the main strip are just as good. I recommend Memphis. Say “Hi” to my brother, James M. Iglehart, too.
- But if you want the more traditional stuff, there’s always The Empire State Building, Ellis Island, Radio City Music Hall, The Bronx Zoo, or even the offices of Marvel Entertainment. (But I don’t think they do tours. Maybe if you dress up as your favorite Avengers character…)
New York city is a great starting point for your Summer of Satellite tour. Whether you go for the food, shopping or just looking to get away, you’ll have a great time filling up the available 500GB of storage capacity making memories of your vacation you can revisit time and again on you Satellite device.