To be honest, I think about all of those things and more. Miami is a fun town with lots to see and do.
So as the Summer of Satellite tour heads South, let’s get you in the mood for this trip with some songs to load onto your Satellite drive. Since your device has 500GB, I hope you still have the content from our stops in Chicago and New York. =)
To get the vacation train rolling along, add these songs to your device to set the tone of your trip:
- Miami – Will Smith
- Moon Over Miami – Eddie Duchin
- Miami – Counting Crows
- Swimming in Miami – Owl City
When it comes to movies to get you in the mood, not everything has to be about beaches and bathing suits. But instead, watch these flicks to help bring the city to life.
- Bad Boys – Will & Martin: a classic buddy cop film with great visuals.
- Notorious – Classic Hitchcock that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Scarface – Say hello to an amazing film!
- Invasion U.S.A. – Chuck Norris wants you to watch this film. And are you going to tell Chuck no?
So what about photo opps? Check out these hot spots for making memories of your trip:
- Flamingo Gardens – Something about the flamingo is just so cool and they make great photography subjects.
- You can’t go to Miami without a stop at Miami Beach for some fun in the sun.
- International Hispanic Theatre Festival – For a limited run, check out this collection of films celebrating Hispanic culture.
- Bring back some souvenirs and baubles or just relax for drinks at Lincoln Road Mall.
- Last stop – the historic landmark of Vizcaya Museum and Gardens known for its beautiful architecture and landscape.
Added bonus, if you need to catch up on your video game news, check out Gamertag Radio – a local podcast discussing the latest happenings in the video game industry.
This is a great time to visit Magic City a.k.a. Miami, so enjoy the experience before we start heading west on our next Summer of Satellite stop. Want a hint on where we’re going? I’ll just say I hope you like jazz.
Until next time…